This issue has now been fixed in Sequencer version 5.1.7. Please contact Andrew Haworth, with your serial number, for the latest software. The fix below will still work whilst you await your software update.
The core running event list shows the error weld set area not found, even though the weld set area technique is correctly added in the sequence list. This is usually seen in Windows 8, 10 and 11. It’s a issue with the way the windows registry is handled.
Solution is to delete all folders in the registry called Serial number #(# is the serial number of your instrument), that are sub folders of ACM Instruments\Version 5.
Close all open programs and try the following:
- Run the registry editor as administrator.
In Windows search enter regedit. When found, right click on regedit and select run as administrator. You may need someone from your IT department to do this.
- In the registry editor, from the edit menu, select find.
- Enter “Serial number #”, without the quoted and replace # with your serial number. E.g., Serial number 1771.
- Select to look at keys only, uncheck values and data.
- Select find next.
- Once an item has been found, check it is a sub folder of Version 5, which in turn is a sub folder of ACM Instruments and show on the left hand side. If it is, right click on it and select delete. If it is a value and shown on the right hand side, do not delete it.
- Under the edit menu, select find next or press F3.
- Repeat step 6) until no more folders are found.
- Reboot the computer.
- Load the sequencer, select the weld set area technique from the sequence list, add another ZRA, then delete it (so a change in the settings is recognised).
- Go to the core running and enable your channel. The test should now run without error.